Do you carry your manual with you?

Do you carry your camera's manual with you whilst shooting?

• Yes

Votes: 22 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 44 66.7%

• Total voters
I dont carry it..but I used to.
If you dont know how to use your camera on manual or are unfamiliar with all of its functions I suggest you DO carry it.

I'm too small for that - I'd end up with the tattoos on my arms and then where would I put the zone system and depth of field charts for reference! :(

You mean your legs don't you? At least one or more of the four of them...;)

I have kept mine in the bag since I got them. If I could just remember where in the bag, I would feel better.....

For my camera, I only keep a copy of the pages for the custom functions in the bag.

On my camera, the custom functions are just numbers, and the options for each one are more numbers - so you pretty much have to have the manual right in front of you to use them. I don't typically change them often enough to have it memorized.

I do keep the manual to my flash in the bag though. Along with a little cheat sheet that has the custom functions and that sort of thing on it.

Take a photo of the most frequently accessed pages of your manual, and store those photos on your memory card so you can read them from your camera's LCD.

Take a photo of the most frequently accessed pages of your manual, and store those photos on your memory card so you can read them from your camera's LCD.

Dang! That's a great idea! I'm going to try this to see if I can read the info... But thank you for an interesting, left-brain suggestion!

Problem then is searching through a few 100 to 1000 shots over 1 or more memory cards to find the pages and then squinting at the LCD to read them ;) Far easier just to carry the manual, its not that big and is a lot easier to reference and read.

Its in the magaizne rack next to the toilet... It still gets read quite a bit.

For my camera, I only keep a copy of the pages for the custom functions in the bag.

On my camera, the custom functions are just numbers, and the options for each one are more numbers - so you pretty much have to have the manual right in front of you to use them. I don't typically change them often enough to have it memorized.

I do keep the manual to my flash in the bag though. Along with a little cheat sheet that has the custom functions and that sort of thing on it.

Just one more reason I'm glad I shoot nikon :p

My flame suit is on!!

I dont carry it..but I used to.
If you dont know how to use your camera on manual or are unfamiliar with all of its functions I suggest you DO carry it.

Pretty much this. I haven't needed to read the manual for a few months now as I know the camera backwards. When I get a new camera I'll keep the manual on me though, rather than logging into TPF for advice.

Fortunately, the cameras I like and use often are simple enough to operate without a manual.

Except for the Canon 1 megadickle, of course. That thing's a beast.

Its in the magaizne rack next to the toilet... It still gets read quite a bit.
Hey, I thought I was the only one who did that! :lol:

I've also got the Scott Kelby Digital Photography books I bought long ago, cuz they're still fun and interesting to read through.

Most reactions

Back