Do you ever use DPOF?

birdstrike

Propera Explora!
Reaction score
My cameras manuals seem to have pages devoted to Digital Print Order Format and how to use it.

I can't imagine a use for it myself since I have to proof everything on the computer screen first.

Do or have you used DPOF?

Nope...I've never used any features like that...they all seem kind of silly to me.

Another silly feature my camera has is White Balance bracketing...why would I do that when I can just shoot RAW and adjust the WB afterward?

I think that things like this are just put in so that they can make their list of features bigger.

A lot of people accuse the camera companies of including features for marketing purposes. Often that's only because they don't understand them. In THIS case I do believe that it was included simply because it is primarily a simple software ingredient stored on the ROM that takes advantage of the existing line-out. There may be a few photographers who use it, though I doubt VERY few made it part of their buying decision.

birdstrike said:
..I can't imagine a use for it myself since I have to proof everything on the computer screen first....

Yeah I couldn't see a use for either as most serious photographers would want to post-process the image to one degree or another. I always figured that was used for those printing docking stations that don't require a PC... where you just plop the camera on it and it spits out a 4 x 6. Beats me though... I wouldn't use one of those things either. :er:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back