Does 18-70mm 2.8 exist?

Syndac

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.syndac.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I love my current 18-70mm lens (see sig) but want something faster without giving up any of the focal range. All I can find is 28-70 and 17-50, etc. I use both 18mm and 70mm quite often and would hate to have to constantly swap lenses to cover such a short range. I've searched through nikon and sigma but can't find anything. Does anyone know of a quality lens on a nikon mount that will cover at least this range at a fixed 2.8 maximum aperture?

ann

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
ditto on if you find something.

OP
Syndac

Syndac

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.syndac.com
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hrm, I just found the Sigma 24-70 2.8 macro for a really good price with good reviews. Definitely not far off...

soylentgreen

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
The Sigma 24-70 f/2.8 is severely lacking until they put at least a HSM motor in it. Upgraded optics swill be a plus, but than again, it's only like $500 USD. I read those reviews also, and was very dissapointed in my purchase. I understand that manufacturers have some quality control issues, but it is practially a pandemic for Sigma. It is not a far stretch to state that at least a third of their lenses have to be returned for service of some kind. My local stores do not even carry them anymore. They rather carry Quantarray.

JIP

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Well I guess ou could just wait and see if Nikon comes up with anything to follow-up the 17-55. It is either that or stick with what you have. Or just go for the 17-55 I don't think you will be disapointed if you get it.

Most reactions

New Topics