does flickr take away color?

argyle409

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I edited the color on photoshop an they looked better, then when I go to post them flickr they upload and look as their original state. I can open it on my computer and they are at the edited version state but when they upload they loose that color!

computer vs flickr

Picture1-8.png

EDIT* I have tried "Save for web & devices -> JPEG -> 100% quality" yet when it uploads on flickr it is still the orignal color also with previewer, however when its opened on photoshop the color is what i want.
Picture4-1.png

Last edited:
What colorspace are you shooting in? If you have converted your images or shot them in aRGB, they will not display properly on the web (need to be set to sRGB).

edit: I don't think that should be a problem looking at the pictures you attached but try going in under edit and "convert to colorspace"

Ditto on the colourspace issue. It's naught to do with Flickr. Just make sure you're exporting the images to sRGB for general viewing on people's screens. Judging by the amount the colours are washed-out and brownish, I'd guess you were saving them in Adobe RGB. (If you want to see really fugly, try exporting a RAW to a JPEG in ProPhoto RGB and uploading that. Oh man is that uuuuugly. :lol: )

tried what you said an still when i uploads original color, though I noticed when I go to upload an preview it in the small window in my finder the image loads bit blurry an as the photo I want but then clears to the picture that is the original

tried what you said an still when i uploads original color, though I noticed when I go to upload an preview it in the small window in my finder the image loads bit blurry an as the photo I want but then clears to the picture that is the original

...huh? Periods would be helpful...please. And capital letters too.

Most reactions

Back