Does Shooting in RAW Matter Given My Workflow?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some very IMPORTANT points have been brought to the fore in the last few posts, by all respondents! Overread, Alan K, and Ysarex have each added conditions, points of view,and technical insights that make this question an interesting one...

A similar conunndrum used to exist in the film days,ESPECIALLY WRT color image-making in ambient lighting...
Transparency Films vs. Color Negative Stock was similar,in many respects, to JPEG vs. RAW today...

My Version. Just a jpeg.Photography is a art...Not a science. and seriously How did we last for so Long selling Trillions Of Film Images processed at a drug store. I think some go right past everything. Off to France to shoot The collider underground For the smartest folks On the Planet... Im shooting Jpeg. thats is If it's alright? ROFL.

Bottom Line.
How about if we go back 18 years and agree to do and shoot the way WE as individuals think works best for us. theres a concept.

Talk later.
Pls analyze the pic to death. And Yes I've shot A LOT of Raw." The Digital Negative" Ya right. Just wasn't for me. Hope thats Alright....? LOL I do OK.

Attachments

• Paul_b_jpeg.jpg
    Paul_b_jpeg.jpg
    169.1 KB · Views: 155
"Goodbye everyone. I tried to help. Im not gonna web argue anymore. . Those days are Long gone.Not my cup of tea.Deleting all posts Now. If ya wanna ask a question [email protected]"

You're back! Predictable.

My Version. Just a jpeg.Photography is a art...Not a science. and seriously How did we last for so Long selling Trillions Of Film Images processed at a drug store. I think some go right past everything. Off to France to shoot The collider underground For the smartest folks On the Planet... Im shooting Jpeg. thats is If it's alright? ROFL.

Bottom Line.
How about if we go back 18 years and agree to do and shoot the way WE as individuals think works best for us. theres a concept.

"I shoot Jpeg.... You wanna twiddle your Profit away. go for it. I teach to get it right In Camera like we had to do since Day One.. seems Like a no Brainer to me. and this is not 2001 and we really don't need to argue about it. See it and shoot it right.Period. Learn that.
Look at My Site www.Rinderart.com
And learn to see before all the Nonsense. And you twiddle away your Life processing a Image for Gods sake...."

And then you post about 1/2 dozen (we must assume originally camera JPEGs) heavily processed and heavily cooked that no possible way were SOOC.

Talk later.
Pls analyze the pic to death. And Yes I've shot A LOT of Raw." The Digital Negative" Ya right. Just wasn't for me. Hope thats Alright....?

You started with this; "Im not here to argue about this because Im sick of doing it and that was years ago." Followed by this: "Im not gonna web argue anymore. . Those days are Long gone.Not my cup of tea." Some people make valid observations like you're using up more than 50% disk storage space doing what you're doing. That your claim; "I teach to get it right in Camera" is pretty suspect since all the photos you show us are heavily manipulated in post process but you posted them saying; "heres a few straight Jpegs out of camera." You storm out in a huff like a spoiled child and delete the photos you posted. And now you're back and you're the one who's arguing. Seriously?

Joe

Your right. Goodbye joe. your a real winner man. sorry guys.Wrong forum.Closing account.I make photographs. I don't Just Take Pictures. Listen to Joe. Want Help ? Write [email protected]

Last edited:
As we appear to be going in a few circles and moving somewhat away from the OP's original tangent on the thread I think its time to close this one. Any who do wish to take this subject of discussion further are free to start their own thread on the topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back