Dog Photo for CC...

mrpink

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
saw a couple of dog threads popping up here so that gave me some inspiration to try some of my own.

His name is Tyson, he is a 2 year old Vizsula (and as I found out, a very good model).

4494184747_bb7969261a_b.jpg

Shot with a D90, 1/80, f5 @ 22mm with a 18-250mm Sigma lens. Flash off camera, up and camera right fired at 1/4 power with sto-fen diffuser. Pop up fill flash at 1/16th. Natural light from camera left.

Let me know what you think of it.

p!nK

after looking at it, I agree with it being too centered. I feel I need the dead space above him to keep the whole "under the tablecloth" idea or theme. Also, toned down the watermark a bit- seemed heavy for the photo.

here is a quick edit:
4494610727_4d25f6c715_b.jpg

p!nK

Table cloth?

I like the dog, although I would prefer him/her without the collar, but is your table cloth that wrinkly? Don't ask me over for dinner :lol:

More seriously, the dog is great (light, expression, etc) but the table cloth just kills it for me. A big chunk of what makes photos work or not are the details and you just need to learn how to use an iron...

Also, although I agree with the dog being too centered originally, you moved him/her to far right in you second post.

I agree with ironing the sheet...table cloth whatever it is. That's the first thing I thought when I saw the photo.

It's a $2 sheet, or what is left of it after cutting it up to make a lightbox.

p!nK

Most reactions

New Topics

Back