What's new

Dolomites 2012

carlos58

TPF Noob!
Joined
Nov 21, 2010
Messages
738
Reaction score
339
Location
Milano-Italy
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
hello everyone
I was in the Dolomites in the last two weeks of July.
I made several shots in special situations: at night, sunset, sunrise, etc.
The entire gallery with about 60 shots at this link:
Dolomiti- landscapes Photo Gallery by carlogalliani at pbase.com

here are some examples :
Tre cime di Lavaredo by night
dsc7285pbase.jpg


Pelmo dawn
dsc0291pbase.jpg


Tofane by night
dsc0077pbase.jpg


three hours after
Tofane dawn
dsc0133pbase.jpg
 
sunset on Odle
dsc9805.jpg


Lagazuoi
dsc9888w.jpg


and two classic images from the Dolomites
Tre cime di lavaredo at sunset
dsc7157pbase.jpg


Misurina lake
dsc5565pbase.jpg
 
Can't add anything to what Rick said.

WOW!
 
Carlo, great shots, thanks for sharing. I like the second and fourth ones in the second group the best of the bunch.

WesternGuy
 
Your sense of wonder shines through. Carlo, I always like your pictures because they are such good expressions of your connection with the place and the inherent beauty of it. You do nothing to interpose (interfere) with the viewer's ability to make that same connection and get beyond mere spectacle.

They also bring back many wonderful memories of climbing in the Dollies as we foreigners call them.

Great stuff.

Best,
Helen

PS Your pictures evoke the same response I used to feel when seeing Gaston Rebuffat's* work - almost rapturous. You know those books, I guess? Starlight and Storm?
* Often known as Ghastly Rubberfeet, although with great reverence and awe
 
Last edited:
Can I get a "wow" for these pictures? :D

Great use of light, dimension...and weather!
 
thanks everyone for last comments
thank you very much Jaemie
thank you very much Helen for your beautiful comment​
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom