DONATING: Film Project.

OK, well this is the hard part. Amanda PM me your shipping address and write a nice note to the fellows who aren't getting the camera. Maybe you can do something nice for them.

Sorry guys but you all seem equally deserving so it's going to the first person who saw it -- like winning the lottery.

Joe

Congratulations Amanda!

Thank you Joe!!!
I sent you a PM

To all of you who didn't get the camera and wanted it, I'm truly sorry. I am very excited to learn on this beauty.
As for something nice to do for you all.... if you are interested, PM me a mailing address and I'll send you the same print I send Joe.

It might be awhile before I actually get something that I am proud of though, so bear with me.

Man, I was one minute too late!

Congratulations Amanda! :p

Here's a little more info that might help.

Because this camera has no external viewfinder or rangefinder it has to be used like a view camera. Here's the sequence you'd have to follow to take just one photo.

1. Put the camera on a sturdy tripod. (The tripod that holds your DSLR is probably not sturdy).
2. Open the lens aperture.
3. Open the shutter.
4. View the image on the ground glass at the back of the camera (maybe a black cloth over your head).
5. Focus and compose.
6. Close the shutter and arm it.
7. Set the f/stop and shutter speeds for correct exposure.
8. Remove the ground glass from the back of the camera.
9. Attach a roll film holder.
10. Pull the dark slide on the film holder.
11. Click.
12. Advance the film and shoot brackets as needed.
12. Put the dark slide back.
13. Remove the roll film holder.
14. Put the ground glass back on the camera.
Go back to #1 for the next photo.

Joe

Jesus christ that's involved. Sounds like a fun challenge though. Congrats, Amanda! I hope to see some of your results from this!

Most reactions

Back