Donation sneak peek! (Canon)

I should have bought the 85 before I bought my strobe. (still regretting that.)

nah, flash is one of the most important accessories you can get for your camera.
come on, you KNOW you want one of these sexy lenses...I need to make room in the closet for the wife's quilting supplies.

Oh, I'm happy with my flash, but I should have gotten that first. ;). Like I said, I'd take that 200mm prime but I want to be fair about things. As I stated, I don't have the adapter but would for sure get one.

well...the general interest for these old FD lenses is pretty minimal.
It would be nice to get them out of my closet, but in all reality, i will probably be lucky to re-home one of them.
I have much better luck finding people to take Nikon mount lenses since they mount with no adapter needed.
That being said...these are some really nice pieces of glass in EX+ condition. glass is mint. all aperture rings work perfect. zoom rings are not loose at all. aperture blades are beautiful. If someone could get over having to stick an adapter on there...they could snag a really nice lens for...cheap as free. I guess i will just have to see how it goes.

nothing?
kinda thought the Sigma would get at least a nibble. Its the adapter isn't it? yea, its the adapter.
i mean, who goes and changes a perfectly good lens mount and makes you buy all new glass just so you can stick it on your new camera?
Forced obsolescence is what I call it.
this is one of my favorite things about Nikon. past and present, working together in harmony. no extra pieces needed.
why would you want something extra between your lens made for Canon, and your Canon camera? sounds stupid to me.

*sigh* maybe ill just have to throw them back in the closet and try again in a few months.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIT! I am so not above an adapter. That Vivitar has my name written all over it. I'm actually drooling.

nothing?
kinda thought the Sigma would get at least a nibble. Its the adapter isn't it? yea, its the adapter.
i mean, who goes and changes a perfectly good lens mount and makes you buy all new glass just so you can stick it on your new camera?
Forced obsolescence is what I call it.
this is one of my favorite things about Nikon. past and present, working together in harmony. no extra pieces needed.
why would you want something extra between your lens made for Canon, and your Canon camera? sounds stupid to me.

*sigh* maybe ill just have to throw them back in the closet and try again in a few months.

I've got 2 AE-1's with nothing but 50mm on them. I could use the Sigma.

these will be donated one at a time, just to make things easier on me. 'cause im lazy like that. :D
but, the Sigma WILL get its turn. just not sure exactly when.
I suppose I COULD just post a donation thread for each lens at the same time...but then I have to keep up with 3 posts, who wants what, and occasionally bumping the threads. not sure i want that much hassle. i'll see how it goes tho. if not, just stay tuned until the lens you want makes its donation appearance.

Most reactions

Back