Dooms Day!

vipgraphx

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My son is into airsoft and military stuff. I got some more lighting equipment in yesterday and se we fooled around with it.

This was a three light set up
Soft Box center left, Flash lower right facing up and and Flash Top Right with diffuser.

I am pretty pleased with the results on this image. I like the lighting and background composite.

Of course I won't see things that a trained eye will so always welcome CC

Augie Dooms Day by VIPGraphX, on Flickr

Better. I'm undecided about the 2 eye's mostly because I'm not sure how to solve it except moving the lights around till both eyes are the same. Just my thought. Others may like it this way. Yes, the background fits well.

You have nice highlight control on the rifle, and also on his hands and arms. He is well-separatyed from the darker background; the background is nice and creepy too! (It looks like a composite, but a good match of subject matter and background.) My only nitpick is the one eye bright, the other dark...that reallllly has a lot of visual "pull". I like the detail in the dark areas of the shirt. For a beginner with light modifiers and OCF, you are already turning out some pretty good pictures! Very impressed by how well you are lighting things!

THANKS!

I will have to keep better eye for things like that in the future.

This OFC is fun to work with and so many moods you can capture with light.

oh yeah, it was a composite. The background was taken at an old church.

Do you think moving the light may have helped with the eyes? Or another flash or light source. Possibly even a slight turn in the positioning of my son?

Last edited:
THANKS!

I will have to keep better eye for things like that in the future.

This OFC is fun to work with and so many moods you can capture with light.

oh yeah, it was a composite. The background was taken at an old church.

Do you think moving the light may have helped with the eyes? Or another flash or light source. Possibly even a slight turn in the positioning of my son?
It has to do with the angle that the light hits the eye pieces of the goggles. You might be able to make both shiny or both black. Your getting into the fun part of lighting. Lots on You tube about lighting. I recommend Tony Corbell. Down to earth explanations of lighting.

My son is into airsoft and military stuff. I got some more lighting equipment in yesterday and se we fooled around with it.

As to the reflections in the glass, I probably would have wanted to make them purple or orange, something like that.

His grip on the rifle bothers me. It appears that he has his second finger on the trigger. Just odd and not the "safe" way to hold a rifle.

As to the reflections in the glass, I probably would have wanted to make them purple or orange, something like that.

His grip on the rifle bothers me. It appears that he has his second finger on the trigger. Just odd and not the "safe" way to hold a rifle.

That would have been a cool idea to have the reflection a color..

As far as the gun, its just an airsoft gun and I do understand the importance of toy/real gun safety control…these pictures were an attempt and learning better lighting techniques.

I do understand your point though.

I completely agree; I noticed this immediately.

TAs far as the gun, its just an airsoft gun and I do understand the importance of toy/real gun safety control…these pictures were an attempt and learning better lighting techniques.

If this is an airsoft/pellet gun, shouldn't it have an orange tip? Did you change this in post or remove it physically from the rifle?

Well, Airsoft, paintball, water squirt gun, cap gun, whatever. You might as well start the training early.

TAs far as the gun, its just an airsoft gun and I do understand the importance of toy/real gun safety control…these pictures were an attempt and learning better lighting techniques.

If this is an airsoft/pellet gun, shouldn't it have an orange tip? Did you change this in post or remove it physically from the rifle?

Its been painted over. The person we bought it from painted it so we have just left if alone.

Not to get off topic this is more about getting feedback on the lighting and pose not so much the props/laws and what not.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back