Lackoffunding

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit

3151887421_1533295edb.jpg

3152718182_783fae3fbd.jpg

3151862247_a83eba6ce4.jpg

Photographs 2 and 3 are amazing. The contrast and subject draw me into both. Photograph one seems a little dull. Not on content, just the black and white conversion. It just doesn't pop.

I like to suggest to cool the WB (white balance) down a lot because of snow, then convert. Just a suggestion.

-Nick

I agree that number one is a little dull but I love the verticality of the elements and think you could frame it a little differently to make it more interesting.

Number 2 is definitely my favorite. I love how the rut in the snow on the stairs suggests the movement of people through the space even though its empty and still at the moment. Great composition!

The contrast that you've gotten on number 3 is great and there is a definite focal point that pulls it all together. The eye moves very easily through the picture.

Last edited:
Thanks for the input. Number one was a really difficult shot. It is in this alley that doesn't get anything but shade, so it is super flat to begin with. The original picture is much worse. I might just go back and try to work with it a bit more.

Two is terrific. You're right to work with one, which is potentially the best of the lot.

The lighting in #2 is simply amazing, and I love the subject in #3.

Two is great! but one dosent catch my eye for some reason..

great light, and of course contrast, #2 is my fav

Most reactions

New Topics

Back