What's new

Dragonfly in the garden

adamhiram

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Feb 6, 2015
Messages
879
Reaction score
598
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I saw this little guy perched in my garden and tried to get a decent shot before it flew off. It was a pretty overcast day, with very flat natural light and no background separation, and before I knew it I had a couple of bare speedlights setup. Key light camera right and slightly above the subject, back light from behind and camera left to illuminate the wings.

Nikon D500 w/ AF-S 70-300
300mm, f/11, 1/250s, ISO 400

Any feedback or CC is welcome, as I am always trying to improve!


20190813-DSC_3948a
by adamhiram, on Flickr
 
I saw this little guy perched in my garden and tried to get a decent shot before it flew off. It was a pretty overcast day, with very flat natural light and no background separation, and before I knew it I had a couple of bare speedlights setup. Key light camera right and slightly above the subject, back light from behind and camera left to illuminate the wings.

Nikon D500 w/ AF-S 70-300
300mm, f/11, 1/250s, ISO 400

Any feedback or CC is welcome, as I am always trying to improve!


20190813-DSC_3948a
by adamhiram, on Flickr
Spectacular shot!
 
Good job Adam!!!
 
Beautiful lighting on this, really nice shot all the way around!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom