What's new

Dresden

Polygon

TPF Noob!
Joined
Nov 2, 2005
Messages
196
Reaction score
1
Location
Germany
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
My town as I see her :heart:
dresden_pano2.jpg
 
Looks great. What did you use to stitch the photos together? I recently took a similar shot of San Diego, but when I put them together it killed the quality of the image.
 
Thanks for the kind comments to both of you, much appreciated.

I used "hugin" (Hugin - Panorama photo stitcher Win/Mac/Linux) for stitching. It's basically a no-brainer. Just load all the images, wait a few minutes to let the alignment and other optimization (exposure, etc.) algorithms do their magic and you're done. Manual adjustments usually not required and I get surprisingly good results even on panoramas that were shot without a tripod.

For this image the tripod wasn't exactly leveled so the images were rotated from 0 to 5 degrees going from left to right. The tool wouldn't compensate for that completely so I rotated them by hand until they were about right. Some postprocessing on the sky and lights because I missed the desired balance between natural and artifical light by a few minutes. Nothing too elaborated. Took about an hour of post-processing in total :).
 
This shot is tack sharp. I really like it alot, the lights reflecting in the water add alot to the photo
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom