What's new

Driplets

Kazooie

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Dec 28, 2011
Messages
1,231
Reaction score
138
Location
Alaska
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
IMG_1952.jpg


Busy background is what I hate. Thoughts? :)
 
Too much background is what I think. I see more of that than the actual subject. I think it would have been better if you did a macro of a bead of water on one of the leaf's edges.
 
Ya, iunno.. I tried cropping it, but the sharpness suffers and there are still distractions. I'd re-shoot it.
 
I enjoy negative space but it almost seems like its pushing it on this image. Have you tried a square crop? take out a little of the top and part of the left?
 
Too much background is what I think. I see more of that than the actual subject. I think it would have been better if you did a macro of a bead of water on one of the leaf's edges.
That's a good idea, I'll see what I can do. :)
Ya, iunno.. I tried cropping it, but the sharpness suffers and there are still distractions. I'd re-shoot it.
Heh, I see what you mean. The focus is off enough that it is annoying.
I enjoy negative space but it almost seems like its pushing it on this image. Have you tried a square crop? take out a little of the top and part of the left?
Yep, I'm a big fan of lotsa negative space, the more the merrier. :lol: I don't really have much of a brain for cropping though. :blush: But that's a good idea.

I think the problem with this one is that it is gross. I couldn't see what I was shooting, because it was too low to the ground, so I just had to shoot and hope for the best. This one failed. :)
 
I couldn't see what I was shooting, because it was too low to the ground, so I just had to shoot and hope for the best.

This is a frequent problem for me when taking photos of low-to-the-ground subjects, which I frequently shoot. I squat, kneel, sit, sprawl if necessary, or lie down, but it's hard on my body; I have a bad disc in my back and some facet joint issues, so it can get rather painful to manoeuvre that low. For this reason, my next camera will probably have live-view and a tilt screen.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom