cgw

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Toronto: Spadina Ave.
Nikon N90s+50/1.8AFD
Fuji Superia 200
Nik Silver Efex Pro2

DumplingBWa.jpg

Nice shot! We have a place in Dallas that makes Dan Dan noodles in the window. I'll have to get down there some time and see if I can get a shot.

Thanks. Go for it!
Of late, I've found the little "premium" p&s models like the Fuji X-100 and Ricoh GR series cameras to be near-perfect for street/candid shooting. Big sensors and manual control options keep the MILCs at home in the bags when pocketable makes more sense. Particularly like the Ricoh for its LCD-only viewfinder since framing and adjusting on the rear LCD makes you seem just another goof shooting with their phone.

Of late, I've found the little "premium" p&s models like the Fuji X-100 and Ricoh GR series cameras to be near-perfect for street/candid shooting. Big sensors and manual control options keep the MILCs at home in the bags when pocketable makes more sense. Particularly like the Ricoh for its LCD-only viewfinder since framing and adjusting on the rear LCD makes you seem just another goof shooting with their phone.
I have a little Samsung NX2000 with a 20-50mm kit lens tucked away that I ordered some new batteries for and will be keeping that with me for when I don't have my 90D available. It has manual settings, captures RAW, and has a 20MP CMOS sensor that should work for things like that.

Sounds like a plan. My only beef with these cameras is their battery appetite. Just carry spares. No viewfinder changes most subjects' perception of what you're up to for looking less like a honking DSLR aimed at them. My experience, anyway.

And then send me a double order!

One of my favorite Szechuan dishes. :1247:
When Monkey King Noodle Company first opened, there was no seating, you just stood in line, got your order, and then tried to find a place to eat it. Over time they put seating on the roof, and then some in the parking lot. It appears that they've expanded it again, and now have indoor and outdoor seating, but sadly, one can no longer watch them make the noodles. It was fascinating to watch, because they started with one lump of dough, and swing and roll it into a long rope, then double it over, twist it and stretch it out, and repeat that a number of times until they had about two dozen noodles. Then they would cut each end off, and toss the noodles into a large pot to cook.

Here's what we're talking about:

If you've ever enjoyed homemade pasta, you'll know how good this is!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back