Dune night shots

Mike Drone

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I tried to get the comet with ISO1600 (rec 3200 but camera can't) at 8 sec and got 12 black screens. So here are some play around pics of my car while we where at the sand drags because comet fail. Night time is when everyone comes out. Bottom three are getting ready to race. Question... How do I take an action shot of those three. ISO 1600. I am limited to 5.6 zoomed 4 landscape. The shutter tends to be 1" to 3" which makes the usual light streaks. I have tries to meter off the lights. When I try 1/60 I get a black screen capture. I would like to get them in action, fast shutter. I believe the still of the three is 1.3". Thanks for any responses.

qZgh4Njl.jpg

brp0IQEl.jpg

M8VSe7wl.jpg

rqLTnaCl.jpg

Last edited:
Does anyone know if I have met the limits of this camera? Do I need ISO 6400 or higher to get a 1/200 action shot in this darkness? As mentioned above the camera maxes out at ISO 1600.

Does anyone know if I have met the limits of this camera? Do I need ISO 6400 or higher to get a 1/200 action shot in this darkness? As mentioned above the camera maxes out at ISO 1600.

What kind of camera do you have that maxes out at 1600 ISO? Are you being serious about the 1/200 action shot?

What kind of camera do you have that maxes out at 1600 ISO? Are you being serious about the 1/200 action shot?

Yes I am serious, I have a Nikon D50. The action shot does not have to be 1/200 but I would like to get the cars in motion without blur. I may be in the market for a new camera if this one is not able to capture my wants. Thanks =]

Does sound a tad slow.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back