What's new

Ea

KenC

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Jan 18, 2010
Messages
5,699
Reaction score
1,472
Location
Philadelphia
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
sign022413_zpse752a843.jpg
 
Nah mate, for me this is much more interesting as an image. Good job!

Though whenever I hear or see EA together I can't help but add "Sports (it's in the game!)" In my head. But maybe I just spent too much time gaming
 
Ya know, I'm not sure why, but I really like this ;)
 
Ya know, I'm not sure why, but I really like this ;)

Thanks Rick! Before you know it you'll be creeping up to those old barns and doing close-ups of the rust and peeling paint.
 
Ya know, I'm not sure why, but I really like this ;)

Thanks Rick! Before you know it you'll be creeping up to those old barns and doing close-ups of the rust and peeling paint.

No, I think I'm still more basic then that. Looking at it again, it's the wood tones and weathered staples that grab me. It's a shame those 3 peices of paper are blocking my view <jk>.
Nice shot Ken!
 
Nice work Ken!

I like the texture the wood and staples provide. Also like how the papers provide stability by having the large piece at the bottom and decrease in size as they go up.
 
Thanks Lee.
 
I really like this shot, love that contrast between the textures of the wood, vs. staples vs. the paper.

FWIW, I just looked at Areas of Concern, and it doesn't quite have the same punch that Ea does. Not sure, but maybe the difference is that for Ea you have 3 very distinct elements (wood/staples/paper), but with the Areas of Concern shot there's only two (paint/wood) and they kind of blend together. It's subtle, but maybe too subtle?
 
Thanks BlackSheep (although your avatar is now a white wolf?).

I've been working on the other shot, trying to selectively boost contrast here and there without going too far and making it garish - don't know how it might turn out yet. I like the different shapes and textures, and the overall composition, but the consensus clearly is that it needs more contrast (or something), so I'll give it a try.
 
Heh, it's an Arctic Fox, I got tired of my last avatar really quickly.

I also like the shapes & composition of Areas of Concern, and I look forward to what you end up doing with it. By the way, now that I've thought about it a bit more, perhaps it simply needs a different title? "Areas of Concern" may be leading us viewers in the wrong direction- it sounds a bit too urgent, or distressing maybe, for the mood of the shot.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom