What's new

Early sunlight on Windermere, English Lake District

Joined
Jun 1, 2010
Messages
2,382
Reaction score
2,256
Location
UK
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Back up again and the weather is glorious in the early morning clouding over later, Managed to get myself out of bed at 5.30 this morning with a sunrise time of 6.11. This was taken about 6.40.


Canon 5D mk III EF 24 - 70L at f/16 and 34mm 1/6 ISO 50. Cokin ND8 and grad



early-morning-sunlight-on-Windermere by singingsnapper, on Flickr
 
Why the low ISO and ND filter? Were you trying to smooth the water out?
 
Why the low ISO and ND filter? Were you trying to smooth the water out?
I wanted to smooth the water as much as I could and was using Live View to judge the view. The wind was moving around a bit so I switched from the 24 - 70 with filter to other lenses without filter when conditions changed.
 
I really like your 1st picture. The stillness of the water, coupled with the rich colors of the sky, and reflections in the water was well done. I would have cropped a little of the water so that it the distance from the end mast to the bottom of the picture was equal to that of the mast to the top of the picture.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom