Eastern bluebirds and indigo butning

ZombiesniperJr

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
These are a nice start, but I would suggest you might want to consider some exposure compensation in images like these. What is happening in all three images, more or less, is that the bright background is dominating the exposure giving you a background that is slightly over-exposed and a subject that is underexposed. What you might need here is about +1 to +2 stops of compensation - yes, you will blow out the background, but that isn't really what you are interested in. Spot metering might also help, if you aren't using it now. You might have to experiment with the exposure compensation, depending on the situation.

Alternatively, you may be able to "lighten" up the subject in post-processing, but as it stands now, all three are underexposed to some extent, particularly #3. Also, did you consider a closer crop as there is a lot of "background in these images - just curious.

WesternGuy

These are a nice start, but I would suggest you might want to consider some exposure compensation in images like these. What is happening in all three images, more or less, is that the bright background is dominating the exposure giving you a background that is slightly over-exposed and a subject that is underexposed. What you might need here is about +1 to +2 stops of compensation - yes, you will blow out the background, but that isn't really what you are interested in. Spot metering might also help, if you aren't using it now. You might have to experiment with the exposure compensation, depending on the situation.

Alternatively, you may be able to "lighten" up the subject in post-processing, but as it stands now, all three are underexposed to some extent, particularly #3. Also, did you consider a closer crop as there is a lot of "background in these images - just curious.

WesternGuy
Thank you i have considered a closer crop but i tend to like cropping not as close as most people do

Most reactions

Back