eBay Remote Trigger Question?

Munky

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.rikogonzalez.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Has Anybody Bought These: Triggers From eBay are they any good?; experiences?
I've gone trough a few pages in the search but i cant find anything usefull;
i searched for "remote triggers" "cheap remote triggers" "ebay remote triggers" and stuff like that and got nothing

CT301R.jpg

here's the link

Wireless Flash Remote Trigger for Sony Alpha+2 Receiver - eBay (item 350207830846 end time Oct-26-09 09:20:48 PDT)

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
The Thing is i Need em for a
Vivitar 383-DF-SON &
a Sony f36 flash

BTW the eBay one costs more than the cactus? or am i wrong?

They are pretty universal. All they do is trigger the flash, so they should work with just about any flash. (although, I think I've heard that Sony hot shoes are a little different)

You could use an adapter like THIS, and conned the wireless trigger to it.

I have the ones you pictured. They are the CTR-301P models and they work great. I have also used the ones Mike linked. The Cactus v4 is a great option. It has better range than the CTR 301P. You will not be unhappy with either. I'd go with the Cactus V4 today ssince it has better range without any mods needed.

The e-Bay set you linked us to comes with TWO receivers,and a transmitter for $45, so that's roughly in line with the price of the Cactus system Big Mike referred you to.

As for the Sony flash adapter referred to above--that goes into the shoe of a Minolta or Sony slr or d-slr camera, using the proprietary Minolta/Sony flash foot at the camera, and then on top you can slide in a standard flash using the ISO standard foot, so I don't think that specific type of adapter is what you want to buy; I think you want to buy an adapter that has the Konica/Minolta flash foot on TOP into which you will slide your a36 flash, and which will then slide into the shoe of your receiver unit ,using the standard "ISO foot" style used on virtually all trigger/receivers on the market.

To adapt the Sony a36 flash, I think this might be the adapter you want:
FlashZebra.com: Sony ⁄ Minolta Flash Hotshoe Adapter (Item #0133)

I have heard no reports on how good that eBay trigger set is, but zillions of Strobists use and like the Cactus set Big Mike referred you to above.

I have the ones you pictured. They are the CTR-301P models and they work great. I have also used the ones Mike linked. The Cactus v4 is a great option. It has better range than the CTR 301P. You will not be unhappy with either. I'd go with the Cactus V4 today ssince it has better range without any mods needed.

I Think I'm Gonna Go with the CTR i don't really need THAT much range and the CTR cost $45 shipped & the equivalent Cactus V4 (by equivalent i refer to 1 transmitter 2 receivers and 2 hot shoe converters )costs $95.80 without Shipping!
Thanks so much for your post!!!:hugs:

Most reactions

Back