What's new

Editing in Aperture

AmberNikol

TPF Noob!
Joined
Feb 17, 2011
Messages
100
Reaction score
5
Location
PA
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey Ya'll!
I've finally decided to play with my manual settings and with RAW images. I edit on Aperture 3 and I have a few questions.

1. (general) by typing in the metadata, like copyright and etc. what does that do? I guess i'm not too sure on the point of doing that?

2. Aperture has RAW Fine Tuning settings, should I be using that to edit or just use the regular settings like exposure etc.?

3. I've noticed that at a higher ISO the picture comes out better but I definitley have to keep a steady hand or a lot of pictures come out blurry...is there an "easy" fix for this?


Thanks for any input! I appreciate it.

here is one of my RAW pictures unedited. What would you to do make it better?
0004.jpg
 
1. (general) by typing in the metadata, like copyright and etc. what does that do? I guess i'm not too sure on the point of doing that?
It records that information in the photo. Metadata means 'data about data'. Your copyright notice (CMI, Copyright Management Information), contact information, and use license information should also be recorded. http://www.photoattorney.com/?s=CMI
http://www.photoattorney.com/?p=163
www.copyright.gov
http://www.copyright.gov/legislation/dmca.pdf

2. Aperture has RAW Fine Tuning settings, should I be using that to edit or just use the regular settings like exposure etc.?
Sorry, can't help you with this. I don't use Aperture, and you will find only a minority of photographers do. Adobe products are the industry standard.

3. I've noticed that at a higher ISO the picture comes out better but I definitley have to keep a steady hand or a lot of pictures come out blurry...is there an "easy" fix for this?
Higher ISO induces more image noise, but allows you to use more shutter speed. The better solution to getting more usable shutter speed, image quality wise, is to use a faster lens, strobed lighting, or a camera body that has better high ISO performance.

here is one of my RAW pictures unedited. What would you to do make it better?
Diffuse the direct sunlight so the light is not as harsh and the shadow edges aren't so hard. Then use strobed light so you can control the ambient light exposure separately from the strobed light exposure. The photo would be much stronger if the child was looking at the camera, if the composition were not so centered, and if the camera had been rotated to the portrait orientation before releasing the shutter.
 
Last edited:
Thanks Keith! Appreciate it!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom