egypt, new york and boston

giantbunnyhead

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
This is the first time I've posted photographs of any kind. I bought a digital camera a few months back and it now accompanies me on my travels.

The shots from egypt were all from a distance using a 2.4x teleconverter, so the detail isn't as crisp as it would have been had it been at close range. The others were simply using what came internal with the camera.

Let me know what you think ... but be gentle with me, I'm barely even a beginner!

kevin

http://www.villagephotos.com/pubbrowse.asp?selected=575172

I really dig the black and white bridge/car one, except it is very pixelly. The other ones you captured some very interesting moments. The ladies in the burkas (or whatever they are called) with the bottle of pepsi is kinda funny to me for some reason. Only one I don't really like is the one with the cart, because the extreme on topness of the angle bothers me. I can't really express why.

Good work! Keep shooting.

Thanks. I'm not all that fond of the donkey cart one either. It was the best I could do from my apartment balcony (the kids playing soccer were also from my balcony - a good 150 meters from the school yard where they were playing).

As for the pixeliness and mottled colours in some shots ... it could be from reducing the picture size from the original in order to post on the web. The originals are very detailed.

kevin

Like your pics, the Egypt ones remind me of my trip there. Especially because I often played soccer with the kids around town (in front of the Alexandria train station was the coolest). But of course I never got a picture of it. I have a shot of my buddy standing on the same blocks as the burka women, though.
338%3A959923232%7Ffp3%3B%3Dot%3E2323%3D543%3D%3C26%3D3232543%3B35853nu0mrj

Most reactions

Back