Electric Violin Build - Mitica will be interested in this one.

What's not to like??? :D

Lookin' smokin' great!!! I wanna play it now...

It is stained now.(dark red-brown) I will put the first coat of finish on it later today and then I'll take some pictures. :thumbup:

ok, the final coat of finish is drying!

This is what it looks like right now. :D

IMG_2921.jpg

IMG_2924.jpg

The color is somewhere between those two... I don't feel like spending the time to correct them. :p
refer to the whitebalance card to the right of it if you want. ;)

It looks great though! I can't wait to play it. haha

Have you hooked the electronics yet? I'm curious how it sounds.

When I get a solid body I want to tune it an octave down like mitica was talking about.

I still have about 2 days left of work before it will be ready to be plugged in... I'll try to get a recording for you once it's finished.
All it is though is a piezo pickup under the bridge with an extremely simple pre-amp to the output jack..

So, it will sound... like a violin... :lol:

I was talking to Mitica and I think that my next violin build will be a 6 string. (FCGDAE)

The next one will have more expensive electronics in it... this is really just a test one for myself.(and I wanted a kick butt violin!) lol

So yeah... if you do want one I still don't know how much I would charge to build one... Not nearly as much as a guitar(they are much easier), I honestly don't see why Zeta charges so much! lol

I finished leveling the finish this morning and it looks great... since I got that done I should be able to fit everything together today and have it done by tomorrow!(although I can't string it up until tomorrow... glue dry time)

Even though the electronics aren't in it yet... it's playing and it sounds great(acoustic)

violinfront1small-1.jpg

Mean lookin' eh?
:mrgreen:

Now that is one serious piece of work. I'm more of a guitar man myself (13 and counting), but am very impressed with the quality of what I see there. Do you have the wherewithall to record a little something so we can hear it?

>;o))

yep, but not here. I don't know when I'll be able to record it, when I do I'll post it though.

Looking mighty great Chris! :D

Most reactions

Back