Blue eyed and Beautiful
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
X-T2 + XF 35mm f2 today.

DSCF0060.jpg

DSCF0107.jpg

DSCF93399.jpg

I'd think about exposure and if you want it quite this bright (the young woman with fair skin almost looks a little washed out); this harsh looking light isn't ideal. Also notice reflections in the glass and move around to change what's reflected.

Once you're doing this on a regular basis, go early and maybe ask before a performer comes on if you/they can clear out or move items like those red poles propped in that doorway, or move backpacks etc. - you may not want to handle people's personal property and ask first but that being moved over to one side would get it out of the picture and give you much 'cleaner' compositions. I've asked about moving something like a trash can and usually they don't mind if you shove it a few feet over as long as it's out of their way.

I'd move around and try to work around that black whatever in the foreground. This place is really cluttered! I can't help it, I guess I've done enough events that I'm used to noticing it. With the second one I'd frame to keep that giant green blender (that's what it looks like!) out of the frame (you might be able to crop this a bit). Cropping the front of the yellow speaker I think would make the black part of it not that noticeable.

It's often the timing too, there's somebody coming down the steps sneaking into your shot. Watch for that, it just takes waiting sometimes til people move on by...

The pictures of the singers are nice, practice your framing and think about the backgrounds. Go early and frame some test shots and figure out some good vantage points. If you'll be doing this regularly they might work with you on helping you find decent vantage points or doing some, um, decluttering! lol They probably are used to stuff sitting there and don't even notice it.

I'd think about exposure and if you want it quite this bright (the young woman with fair skin almost looks a little washed out); this harsh looking light isn't ideal. Also notice reflections in the glass and move around to change what's reflected.

Once you're doing this on a regular basis, go early and maybe ask before a performer comes on if you/they can clear out or move items like those red poles propped in that doorway, or move backpacks etc. - you may not want to handle people's personal property and ask first but that being moved over to one side would get it out of the picture and give you much 'cleaner' compositions. I've asked about moving something like a trash can and usually they don't mind if you shove it a few feet over as long as it's out of their way.

I'd move around and try to work around that black whatever in the foreground. This place is really cluttered! I can't help it, I guess I've done enough events that I'm used to noticing it. With the second one I'd frame to keep that giant green blender (that's what it looks like!) out of the frame (you might be able to crop this a bit). Cropping the front of the yellow speaker I think would make the black part of it not that noticeable.

It's often the timing too, there's somebody coming down the steps sneaking into your shot. Watch for that, it just takes waiting sometimes til people move on by...

The pictures of the singers are nice, practice your framing and think about the backgrounds. Go early and frame some test shots and figure out some good vantage points. If you'll be doing this regularly they might work with you on helping you find decent vantage points or doing some, um, decluttering! lol They probably are used to stuff sitting there and don't even notice it.

Thank you Sharon for the great tips, it can be very tricky but I know I need to practice more with them. Some have even asked if I`d take a few photos of them on the beach so I am looking forward to that, tomorrow I will take a photo head on just to show what it is like as it is messy some times, and the little stage they stand on can be very cluttered too but I look forward to learning and getting better in time.

I usually get specific on feedback when I see talent and potential. Keep practicing (and as you develop relationships sometimes it's possible to find tactful friendly ways to get a bit of a declutter! lol). And keep moving around and trying different vantage points, I have my favorite spots in our local hockey rinks. It helps the more time you spend there. This looks like fun! I'm happy for you to get this opportunity.

I usually get specific on feedback when I see talent and potential. Keep practicing (and as you develop relationships sometimes it's possible to find tactful friendly ways to get a bit of a declutter! lol). And keep moving around and trying different vantage points, I have my favorite spots in our local hockey rinks. It helps the more time you spend there. This looks like fun! I'm happy for you to get this opportunity.

Thank you very again Sharon, I thought Emily looked a bit washed out, she sent me a message last night saying she loves them but I will try again with her too.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back