What's new

Entering a contest!

nmasters

TPF Noob!
Joined
Dec 22, 2011
Messages
209
Reaction score
14
Location
Georgia
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello everybody,
I am planning on entering a photography contest very soon! It is the Photographer's Forum photography contest for students. Here is a link to last year's winners:

http://pfmagazine.com/wp-content/plugins/p-gallery/index.php?level=album&id=24

I think I may have a shot at this.
Could you guys be kind enough to help me out with which images to submit and which ones not to? It cost $6 to submit a photo, so I'll probably only submit 5 or 6.

I know these are a lot of photos, but I hope you guys don't mind.



$image-2387762486.webp

1

$image-2191807583.webp

2

$image-3053493255.webp

3

$image-1008686959.webp

4

$image-641384960.webp

5

$image-3817216080.webp

6

$image-2576797532.webp

7

$image-3398484477.webp

8

$image-550895967.webp

9

$image-1691963375.webp

10

$image-227287439.webp

11

$image-1477883613.webp

12

$image-3182484547.webp

13

$image-2839080183.webp

14

$image-3059873538.webp

15

$image-3059873538.webp

16

$image-2098121712.webp

17

$image-4167650206.webp

18

$image-2006871534.webp

19
 

Attachments

  • $image-2167566906.webp
    $image-2167566906.webp
    29 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:
11, 12, 14, 15, 17, 19!


And, hey! I remember that lamp!
 
19, 17, 12, 7
Let us know what you pick. :sexywink:
 
Thanks for your input guys! Appreciate, it sure is difficult to choose favorites sometimes haha ;)
 
6,8,11,12 for me. I love the kid's look in number 10, but it's too bad he's down in the corner.
 
Gadfly said:
6,8,11,12 for me. I love the kid's look in number 10, but it's too bad he's down in the corner.

Number 10, I think, I will enter because It really tells a story.
 
Down the row you were improving terrifically..... those landscapes.... and that cat...really really amazing :D
 
11 and 17 are the best of the bunch by a landslide. Good luck!
 
Frequency said:
Down the row you were improving terrifically..... those landscapes.... and that cat...really really amazing :D

Thanks!
Any specific numbers?
 
Gadfly said:
6,8,11,12 for me. I love the kid's look in number 10, but it's too bad he's down in the corner.

Number 10, I think, I will enter because It really tells a story.

I love the kids look bottom left, but I wouldn't enter this. Not much story for me other than street snap with lucky expression of disdain.
What story do you feel it conveys?
 
11, 12 and 14 are the winners.

And with number 10, I'm not convinced that it will hold up. To me, it doesn't have a narrative. Its a mother with her two kids. There is nothing there for the viewer to connect with. They don't know the people... The only attraction that image has is the walking childs face, which is classic! Albeit too small. IMHO I would seriously consider not entering that one...
 
Bitter Jeweler said:
I love the kids look bottom left, but I wouldn't enter this. Not much story for me other than street snap with lucky expression of disdain.
What story do you feel it conveys?

You are right, this a street shot.
I feel that the expression on the mother's face is worrisome and I that it represents that she is going through hard times. When I first looked at this photo I thought of this:

Image deleted - Please do not post images to which you do not hold the copyright. For those interested it was Dorthea Lange's "Migrant mother".
 
Last edited by a moderator:
10, 11, 12 & 13 are take away or steal away pieces indeed; i liked that cat very much, as already mentioned; but i feel cat is a later inclusion; at that distance cat cannot be that big :scratch:,

Regards :D
 
Frequency said:
10, 11, 12 & 13 are take away or steal away pieces indeed; i liked that cat very much, as already mentioned; but i feel cat is a later inclusion; at that distance cat cannot be that big :scratch:,

Regards :D

Take away as in submit to the contest?
The cat was not a later inclusion, all original :)
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom