What's new

Epcot- Spring edition- Original vs Edit

Joined
Aug 27, 2012
Messages
2,288
Reaction score
661
Location
Orlando, FL
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I will post the original and then my baked on HIGH edit. A special thanks to Ysarex for getting the CA out of the edited version. I would love to here your thoughts. Is one version better than the other? Should I have found a happy medium? Do you want to try your own edit?


DSCN2844 by Parker219, on Flickr



Epcot-Spring-Version by Parker219, on Flickr
 
The original could use a saturation boost but I still like it a LOT more then the cartoony HDR.

However both need some big time lens distortion correction caused by the use of a wide angle lens with objects close to the lens.
 
^Lens distortion most noticable in the lamp post? For me, that is what I notice, but I dont know how to fix that.
 
I knew the lamp post would be distorted, but still liked the depth I got with the close, medium, and far subjects. If cartoon is going to work anywhere it is at DISNEY right....ha.
 
I would imagine that something in between (perhaps leaning closer towards the original) would look just right. The original could benefit from more colour saturation (especially greens and reds). The second photo just doesn't look realistic and much too harsh on the colours - reminds me of the pics ken rockwell floods his website with.
 
You took it from a boring picture, to a boring picture powered by a nuclear reactor.
 
Parker since you like disco industrial, here is a channel swap.

$8554069561_4724ed8d7b_z.webp
 
The blown-out areas of the sky are the most bothersome for me. To me, it contrasts with the lower serene half and looks menacing.

Some blown out skies are unavoidable and acceptable but there's too much here.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom