What's new

Equine Photography. Opinions?

cwindle1

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jun 18, 2014
Messages
39
Reaction score
4
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
All images are resized for media purposes. $DSC_1529.webp$DSC_0067#.webp$DSC_0126.webp$DSC_0998.webp$DSC_1241.webp
 
Captured some great moments there - nice! I'm tempted to say straighten the school shot - you picked the right moment in the stride to keep it looking light but the downhill tilt introduces heaviness to the shot. On the others, one tip I try to use is to crouch slightly and shoot directly at the horses body - helps preserve the natural proportions. The first shot again a lovely capture but maybe framed a smidge tight. Just my humble amateur opinions but all in all a good set!
 
Last edited:
I agree with Robin and I love how you captured the moment it is precious.
 
Nice moments on most all of these. My suggestion would be more "lead room" for the horses to "run into" on images 2,3,and 5. Psychologically, we want to see notably MORE room in FROTN of a runner, or horse running, or a vehicle, than an equal amount of space behind. That so strong a preference that on #3, the one with the girl on horseback, the horse running through a field of buttercups, that you could crop right into the horse's hindquarters and lop of the tail, then cut the top of the frame down, and make a lot more room "in front", and the image, even minus the tail on the horse, would look more dynamic. It's already a wonderful moment.

A second comment: this horse has a simply GORGEOUS coat and color for photography...just wonderful. Sooo beautiful!
 
I agree with the above comments. Also the fence is distracting in 4 and 5. I like 3 the best although I can't tell if the girl's eyes are closed.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom