Equipment for editorial and fashion photography?

microdoll

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi,

I am updating my photography equipment and I would like to have advice for what new equipment to buy?
I am a freelance photographer and I have shoot quite a lot people, fashion and model portfolios.

My current photographic equipment:

-Canon 40D
-Tripod
-Canon 18-55mm
-Canon EF 50mm 1.8
-Studioflash torch 800w and 400w
-2 Umbrellas
-Backgrounds

I would like to update my current semiprofessional equipment for more professional equipment to be able to work with editorial shooting for magazines.
I begin to consider the ways in which I might get some better work, and to be sure to remain current and up to date with what companies will be using.

I cant buy immediatly the most expensive ones, but I would like to improve the quality and to be able to work with editorials and catalogs etc.

I have been considering to buy some of these, a camera body. 2-3 objectives and laptop?

- Canon 5D body

2-3 objectives of these:

- Canon 10-22mm
- Canon 35mm 1.4
- Canon EF 50mm F/1.4 USM or Canon EF 50mm F/1.2L USM
- Canon EF-S 60mm f/2.8Macro USM
- Canon 85mm 1.4
- Canon/Tamron EF-S 17-55MM F/2.8 IS USM

- Canon 24-105mm

- Lap top: Mac Book Pro 17”
- More lighting?

What are the most essential tools if I should be inside the budget 5000€? I would like to shoot peole, beautys and perhaps also some products as cosmetics?
I am interested to shoot in a studio and outside.
I would be grateful for the answers:)

Beauty dish, LARGE octobox, grids, reflectors, 3-4 500ws minimum flashheads, a couple of boom stands and a sharp 85 1.4 :)

5D mark III and an 85mm would be a good start. You cant shoot fashioon with the body you have now. You may be able to find a good deal on a used 5d mark II right now. Then lots of falsh and triggers and reflectors and such. A mac is a must have too.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back