DGMPhotography

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
First from my shoot with Erika.

Erika_Daryll Morgan Photography-1.jpg

C&C appreciated!

I don't do this type of photography - but if I did I would crop much of the top of the photo out - down to just above her head. The result brings a little more emphasis to her reflection and eliminates most of the bright area in the top right corner.

I don't like the flare in the corner, but the rest of it -- posing, reflection, tones, etc are great.

I think the foreground/background lighting levels appear a bit unnaturally different, as if the foreground areas have been lighted with too much flash power. That's the main thing that jumps out at me: she looks very flash-lighted, the backdrop not so. Overall though, a decent shot, but not quite up to the level of sme of the recent work I've seen you shooting and posting.

I love the angle you shot from (it can't have been easy) and your model is gorgeous. The lighting issues described above don't bother me much...
However, these were my first impressions - the hand looks almost disembodied, almost like it's someone else's reaching up from the depths to grab her strap. Her right shoulder is a couple of inches lower than her left and the way her hand is held makes her right breast appear to be smaller than her left. (Well, you DID ask for C&C ;) )

I really like the idea here but I agree with Derrel that this one isn't up to the standard you've set for yourself recently. I'll keep my eyes open for more from this shoot. I'm expecting good stuff 'cos that's what DGM does. :D

The light is too harsh and flat.

Thanks for the feedback, everyone!

Alright, I took some of your comments into consideration. Not able to fix everything, but what do you think?

Erika_Daryll Morgan Photography-1.jpg

Most reactions

Back