What's new

Escaping Evil

Ernicus

TPF Noob!
Joined
May 18, 2012
Messages
2,689
Reaction score
337
Location
Old Town, ME
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Having a little editing fun on our works facebook page. I put up image 1 (the bottom image) and people are to edit it and send it in and "like" the best. Image 2 (the top image) is my rendition. Most likely have to click to see full image to see it all. Sorry if it's dark, used my laptop...aka...craptop. :-)

Thought I'd share it here for fun.

I call it...



Escaping Evil

$Ernie.webp









$OldHouse.webp
 
Just a thought:

Ernie.jpg


Mark
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Banned
  • #3
ooh, me likey.
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Banned
  • #5
forgot to deepen the clouds, lol, ah well.
 
My take:

$OldHouse copy_DxOFP copy.webp

I'd torture helpless kittens if that would get me 2 hours shooting this place. Flipping amazing location.
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Banned
  • #7
My take:

View attachment 12407

I'd torture helpless kittens if that would get me 2 hours shooting this place. Flipping amazing location.

I spent about 20 minutes shooting it from various perspectives. many were lying down in the front yard at what I thought was cool, only to see later the grass was just in the way that low. lol. I plan to revisit Here is a few from there, but I did not like any of them. The b&w was not conversions, back when I was using the monochrome setting in the camera, lol. If you have any ideas on ways to shoot it, I'm all ears as I do plan to revisit having learned a thing or two since then.

$DSC_0300.webp









$DSC_0307.webp









$DSC_0309.webp









$DSC_0317.webp
 
here's what i would've done with it

$tpf help creepy house 1.webp
 
If you have any ideas on ways to shoot it, I'm all ears as I do plan to revisit having learned a thing or two since then.
I think you should look for angles that better show the state of decay – your first photo here is the one that best accomplishes this. Also, if the sky is bland (photos 2 and 3) you should probably minimize its impact in the frame and work with the foreground instead – overgrown grass helps convey the abandoned state. If you have time, you could also get close to the house and shoot details, maybe working with the great textures that usually result from peeling paint. Just my two cents.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom