Evening walks

birdbonkers84

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Been trying to get out in the evenings to enjoy the remaining daylight and to test the auto ISO on my camera. Few of these were taken with an ISO of 8000+.

1. Random Cat
Ginger cat by Mark Coull, on Flickr

2. Evening Rabbit (10k ISO lol)
Bunny close up by Mark Coull, on Flickr

3.Rabbit eyeball (9k ISO)
Bunny side eye by Mark Coull, on Flickr

4. Turns out this Starling had half a beak! (10k ISO)
The half beaked Starling by Mark Coull, on Flickr

5. Female Mallard, I really liked her foot
Female mallard on one foot by Mark Coull, on Flickr

6. Chaffinch
Chaffinch by Mark Coull, on Flickr

7. Grey Wagtail (really nosey when you zoom in)
Grey Wagtail by Mark Coull, on Flickr

Nice set. Were these shot RAW and worked in in PS?

Nice set. Were these shot RAW and worked in in PS?
Thanks, Shot in RAW and basic editing done in LR (WB, sharpening of eyes, noise reduction). It was a good test at low light conditions, even at 10k ISO images look fine, it's only when zooming in when you really notice the noise, which I can live with.

Do you do noise reduction, and sharpening on export as well?

Do you do noise reduction, and sharpening on export as well?

At the moment I'm only doing noise reduction in LR for the backgrounds via the adjustment brush, I don't use the luminance slider as you lose a lot of detail. I also use the adjustment brush for noise reduction & sharpening the eyes and sometimes beaks if they are in focus. I'm still learning LR, but I think I have a good basic grasp of it so far. I found a link on how to export for web/facebook etc as sometimes your images get compressed to poop. If I find the link I'll post it.

I think they are great images and as you stated unless you zoomed in you would never know the ISO was that hight.

Thanks for the kind words!

Very nice. I like using Define2 from the Nik collection for noise reduction. Give it a shot with that last one. I'm curious to see how well it does..

Very nice. I like using Define2 from the Nik collection for noise reduction. Give it a shot with that last one. I'm curious to see how well it does..
Thanks, I'll give that a look, I didn't bother doing any noise reduction on the last one, but will be interested to see how well that Define2 does. I was just happy getting my first Grey Wagtail shot that looked acceptable zoomed out, I didn't care if it was noisey zoomed in.

Seems to be a pleasant and fruitful evening walk. Whenever I see your avatar I think of Guardians of the Galaxy.
Haha.. First racoon shot, thought it would make a good avatar pic!

Most reactions

Back