What's new

Exchange Club Casino, Beatty, NV

Joined
Feb 20, 2017
Messages
860
Reaction score
1,198
Location
Orland Park, IL
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
As I was driving through the tiny town of Beatty, Nevada (population 600) on my way to Death Valley, I couldn't help but notice this building at the main intersection in town. I've never seen anything quite like it! The attention to detail and the bizarre nature of the decor caught my attention.

It's the historic Exchange Club Casino and Motel. It's now being transformed with a "steampunk theme." Steampunk is a retro-futuristic aesthetic and subgenre of science fiction. There's a focus on steam-powered machinery, clockwork and various mechanical gadgets. It combines Victorian fashion (like corsets, top hats and goggles) with industrial design.

I can't describe how out of place this appears to be in this setting. But, this is one of the major advantages of road trips. This wasn't on my itinerary...but ended up being a very worthy photo shoot destination in my opinion.

1
p1185006073-6.jpg


2
p1185006086-6.jpg


3
p1185006085-6.jpg


4
p1185006061-6.jpg


5
p1185006057-6.jpg


6
p1185006063-6.jpg


7
p1185006059-6.jpg


8
p1185006083-6.jpg


9
p1185006069-6.jpg


10
p1185006062-6.jpg


11
p1185006067-6.jpg


12
p1185006080-6.jpg


Thanks again for looking...

Glenn
 
Interesting!
 
As I was driving through the tiny town of Beatty, Nevada (population 600) on my way to Death Valley, I couldn't help but notice this building at the main intersection in town. I've never seen anything quite like it! The attention to detail and the bizarre nature of the decor caught my attention.

It's the historic Exchange Club Casino and Motel. It's now being transformed with a "steampunk theme." Steampunk is a retro-futuristic aesthetic and subgenre of science fiction. There's a focus on steam-powered machinery, clockwork and various mechanical gadgets. It combines Victorian fashion (like corsets, top hats and goggles) with industrial design.

Speaking of casinos, if you're planning to try your luck, it's always a good idea to choose Fast Payout Casinos. These website ensure you get your winnings quickly and without hassle, making the experience much more enjoyable. After all, who wants to wait around for their money when they could be planning their next adventure?

I can't describe how out of place this appears to be in this setting. But, this is one of the major advantages of road trips. This wasn't on my itinerary...but ended up being a very worthy photo shoot destination in my opinion.

/1
p1185006073-6.jpg


2
p1185006086-6.jpg


3
p1185006085-6.jpg


4
p1185006061-6.jpg


5
p1185006057-6.jpg


6
p1185006063-6.jpg


7
p1185006059-6.jpg


8
p1185006083-6.jpg


9
p1185006069-6.jpg


10
p1185006062-6.jpg


11
p1185006067-6.jpg


12
p1185006080-6.jpg


Thanks again for looking...

Glenn
It’s always great when road trips lead to these kinds of surprises - definitely a reminder to keep the camera ready for the unplanned stops!
 
Last edited:
That’s exactly the kind of place that makes a road trip memorable. Beatty is such an unexpected stop that something as weird and elaborate as a steampunk-themed motel almost feels perfectly appropriate once you’ve seen it.

I also like that you weren’t specifically looking for it. The best roadside discoveries are often the ones that aren’t on the itinerary. The contrast between the desert surroundings and all those Victorian/industrial details must make for some really unusual photos, especially around sunset.

It’s a good reminder that taking the slower route through small towns can be just as interesting as getting straight to the main attraction. Death Valley may have been the destination, but this sounds like one of the better surprises along the way.
That’s one of the best parts of road trips—the unexpected attractions. I always seem to end up with some favorite photos from subjects outside of my itinerary!

Glenn
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom