Experimnting with angles

Raizels

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've been getting a lot of comments about how my flower pictures are somewhat boring. I took the advice I got here (thanks guys!!) and went out yesterday with angles in mind.

100_7829.jpg

100_7837-2.jpg

100_7833-2.jpg

100_7844-2.jpg

100_7842-2.jpg

Actually, I agree. But I thought #1 was interesting too.

I like #4. Not sure what angles you were talking about I just like that flower :)

thank you :) I love it too.

I really like the last two, especially number four. I don't think I have ever seen a flower like that. Both shots of the red flowers look a little washed out and the background colors do not look natural. Number two would have been good if the focus was not so soft.

I love the last 2! But I guess that isn't hard to do, you gotta be doing something REAL wrong to make a passion flower look bad ;)

I've been getting a lot of comments about how my flower pictures are somewhat boring. I took the advice I got here (thanks guys!!) and went out yesterday with angles in mind.
Could you please explain what you mean by angles?

To be honest, as a non-flower enthusiast, I still do find these pretty boring to look at. When I look at flowers, I look for color, detail, and setting.

For example, the flower in #1 has nice veining detail and nice color variation, but the setting doesn't make the flower nice to look at at all.
#3 is all washed out, so I see no details in the flower. The stems and leaves have more detail than the flower itself. Kinda backwards.
The flower in #4 is interesting for sure. It has the color and detail, and I do like how it seems to have a home amongst the green, but after the initial view, it just becomes a nice picture of an interesting flower.

#5 is think is the most interesting and least boring to me. It's a strange view and it has dynamic lines. It's really starting to tell me some of the flowers secrets. Come to think of it, I really do like this one :mrgreen:

Thanks all for your replies.
MHRISH -I have a problem with red flowers in general, where no details show up. This is actually the best shot of them all :(

SwissJ - I posted a pic of a flower here - lhttp://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/photography-beginners-forum-photo-gallery/200820-flower.html
and as you can see by the response, the genberal feeling was that the flower was rather boring. It's the flower as seen from above, nothing eye-catching.

I then posted this - http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/...to-gallery/200865-two-pansies-please-c-c.html - with the same response. Josh220 suggested: "Try to take at least 5 different shots all from different angles/perspectives". So that's what I was trying to do here :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back