I've been getting a lot of comments about how my flower pictures are somewhat boring. I took the advice I got here (thanks guys!!) and went out yesterday with angles in mind.
Could you please explain what you mean by angles?
To be honest, as a non-flower enthusiast, I still do find these pretty boring to look at. When I look at flowers, I look for color, detail, and setting.
For example, the flower in #1 has nice veining detail and nice color variation, but the setting doesn't make the flower nice to look at at all.
#3 is all washed out, so I see no details in the flower. The stems and leaves have more detail than the flower itself. Kinda backwards.
The flower in #4 is interesting for sure. It has the color and detail, and I do like how it seems to have a home amongst the green, but after the initial view, it just becomes a nice picture of an interesting flower.
#5 is think is the most interesting and least boring to me. It's a strange view and it has dynamic lines. It's really starting to tell me some of the flowers secrets. Come to think of it, I really do like this one :mrgreen: