Exposure/blurry pic question

Southerngal

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I took some pics Saturday at a friends wedding just for fun and some extra pics for them. I took some in the church with only window light....it was about 6pm and the church was not lit very well, but they wanted some dark and natural shots. The pics are blurry....I was using my 50mm at 1.8....not sure of all the settings right now. Camera shake? Wrong settings in bad light? :scratch:

The pics were taken in front of a stained glass window....could this have had something to do with it? I took pics at the reception also, and they turned out fine and the lighting was far worse.

What type of lens is recommended for taken wedding pics? Formal pics, candids, during the service? In low/poor light how do I ensure good focus taken pics of groups etc.?

use a tripod at shutter speeds less than 1/60, unless you have a very steady hand a fast lens isn't the answer to everything, I reckon you were on an auto setting and the camera had you shooting at 1/15 or so, its too long for hand holding. H

You may want to get a VR lens too. If it was slow shutter speed you can take a much slower shutter speed with these lenses.

Also if you were autofocusing you may have had problems because of where the lightsource was. Just a couple of ideas.

Most reactions

Back