Exposure Bracketing

dab_20

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am attempting my first HDR, but I do not know how to do exposure bracketing. Isn't it just three different exposures? How do I do this? I know it depends on each camera... anyone have an E500 and know how to do this? I've googled it but have been unable to find how to bracket, just that it DOES exposure bracketing.

Do I only need three different exposures to bracket? :confused::blushing:

Thanks for any and all help!

To bracket for an HDR you want a constant DOF (depth-of-field) so put the camera in Aperture Priority Mode.

Then all you have to do is vary the shutter speed both above and below the proper exposure. Are you familiar with what a "stop" in shutter speed is?

You first need to meter the dynamic range of the scene you want to shoot because it may take more than 3 exposures to cover the range.

3 is the minimum to see the HDR effect when the images are merged in image editing software.

There are software products specifically designed for merging bracketed exposures and either tone mapping the result or using blending.

Photomatic Pro from www.hdrsoft.com is the recognised leader in HDR production software. They have a free trial you can download and try. It will put several Photomatix watermarks on any HDR's you make with it in trial mode.

NAPP members (National Association of Photoshop Professionals) get a 25% discount from hdrsoft when they buy Photomatix pro. NAPP members get discount from many of the top software (and hardware) outlets including Adobe and Apple.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back