Exposure Help?

hello

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
A problem I have been having lately is that because I don't have the chance to take pictures all the time I often forget how to expose photographs so I have mess around with the settings on my camera until I get the results I want- Could anyone offer some tips that could help me avoid taking a lot of crappy under/overexposed pictures and get straight to properly exposed pictures?

first and formost, if you have an exposure meter, use it. Then take notes of what is working and what is not.

If you are shooting film, be sure to tell the processor/developer not to make any corrections on the film.
If digital, study the pictures extencively and look at the notes. This is not a thing that you will pick up instantly.
Ive been shooting for nearly 35 years, and still have problems w/ exposure.

A problem I have been having lately is that because I don't have the chance to take pictures all the time I often forget how to expose photographs so I have mess around with the settings on my camera until I get the results I want- Could anyone offer some tips that could help me avoid taking a lot of crappy under/overexposed pictures and get straight to properly exposed pictures?
Yes, I have some on my blog.

Most reactions

Back