What's new

Facade

sleist

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Nov 8, 2009
Messages
3,872
Reaction score
2,368
Location
Somewhere in Florida
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit



20121208_0406-X2.jpg



Thanks for looking.
​
 
Perfect.

You've just been nominated for POTM.
 
This one is growing on me. Not sure yet what is holding me back.
 
I really like it but I would remove the lights showing through some of the windows.
 
I've decided I like this shot as I have one somewhat similar...well, it is a building and it looks up the side :wink:. Hey, it's something. I too like the lights as I struggled with my own until I decided they added that since of including humanity inan otherwise coolish structure.
 
Nice work. I would never think to take a photos like that, I would just see a boring building and move on
 
Great pattern shot!
 
Excellent; you have extracted all the possibility of this building, i think :D
 
Definitely like the shot.

The lights, not so much. They pull my eye away from the important things in the image -- I find they disturb the lines and geometry of the shot.
 
Definitely like the shot.

The lights, not so much. They pull my eye away from the important things in the image -- I find they disturb the lines and geometry of the shot.

I did toy with removing them. The shot is processed such that they are not as prominent a feature. What I like about them is that they create rays that expand outward and in opposition to the other lines in the facade.
They also create a force that pushes outward from within and which enhances the sense that this is just a skin.

I find the tension interesting, but I can see where others might not. I personally felt something was missing when I removed them.

Thanks!
 
I love this, its simple, yet suprisingly interesting to look at, I found myself following the lines and got really drawn into it.
 
Excellent; you have extracted all the possibility of this building, i think :D

I hope not. If that were true, we would run out of things to photograph.
You could spend a good part of your life devoted to one thing and never run out of unique variations.

Water lillies anyone?
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom