Facebook Is Watching You

Grocery List:

100-foot roll of tin foil
spray bottle of paranoia remover ( 1/2 gal. jug if avail,)
10,000 AA batteries
8 x 500 round carton 9mm FMJ (WalMart has 50x in aluminum
casings for $9.97 per 50...so
500 lbs. MRE from surplus depot (look for short expiration date cases)
3 x 300 count aspirin

Grocery List:

10,000 AA batteries
3 x 300 count aspirin

Man. I'm pretty lazy. If I had to go through all those steps in the link, I would just stop using Facebook.
I also did a good job of not clicking in here until I saw your name - YUP, YOU MADE ME LOOK. And nope, you didn't let me down. "spray bottle of paranoia remover" :laughing::laughing::biglaugh:

Grocery List:

10,000 AA batteries
3 x 300 count aspirin
No duct tape?

Grocery List:

10,000 AA batteries
3 x 300 count aspirin
No duct tape?
Grocery List:

10,000 AA batteries
3 x 300 count aspirin
No duct tape?

Awwww, sparky we all KNOW Keith has like 100 rolls of duct tape already!

One thing about Facebook that really pisses me off is that when I shop on-line for light modifiers and other photographic stuff, that ads pop-up that offer me crazy good deals on the stuff I've looked at on-line. And when I do NOT buy the product immediately, they keep offering it to me for lower, then lower, the finally they offer what I want at a ridiculously low price.

Like for example the Morris AC master slave flash, the kind that screws into a standard household softbox, or one of the Adorama house brand "Glow" softboxes for a massive price reduction after three weeks of NOT buying the things. I hate that they know I'm a penny pincher and that I will NOT overpay for gear, and that if they keep dropping the price to the bare bone, that THEN I will buy on-line from their massive on-line photographic supply house. Oh, and did I mention I buy when the shipping is free? Yeah...I hate how Facebook locates great deals for me, or offers me alternative choices from better retailers with better return policies instead of those e-Bay and one-man-shop vendors. And saving all that money really chaps my hide too. I really am angry about how they will do the shopping work for me.

You all should try it...do some on-line shpping for something obscure at any of multiple retailers on-line, and then watch as offers keep coming in to your Facebook page: but DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT buy the thing for several weeks. Instead, shop on-line for that item AGAIN, once every few days...and then just do NOT buy it, but instead, wait for the Facebook deals that will be found and then discreetly offered to YOU, specifically, at lower, then lower, then ridiculously low prices.

Click on each deal, but do NOT buy it the first two times.

The key is NOT to take the first offer, but to wait, and to make a couple more searches and a page visit or two to some retailer that has when you want.

Oh crap...I think I just spilled the beans on Facebook and retail partnership agreements in the age of hundreds of vendors for desirable items.... Oops, I did it again!!!

Last edited:
This is how I solve the problem...
3105204.png

Nothing new. I only visit a dozen, or so sites so if the ad blocker stopped, it would probably be pretty boring.

One thing about Facebook that really pisses me off is that when I shop on-line...........

OK, I'm showing my age. Why do you shop on Facebook, and how?

If you search for something anywhere, cookies lock you in to it and you get targeted ads that show up on Bookface. That's how I understand it at least.

I must have a good adblock system. I never see any ads.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back