What's new

Faded Prospects

Mad_Gnome

TPF Noob!
Joined
Mar 14, 2005
Messages
209
Reaction score
0
Location
So. Maine
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just a quick series of my old Dodge pickup. It proceeded to die on me about 2 weeks after these were taken, and I had it hauled away to a salvage yard. It was a serious heap, and probably a safety hazard, but I sort of miss it. It definitely had character.

Post processing consisted of converting to grayscale with Channel Mixer in Photoshop 6. Taken with a Minolta Maxxum 5D and 50mm f/1.4 lens in aperture priority.

PICT0007.jpg


PICT0011.jpg


PICT0016.jpg


PICT0018.jpg


PICT0023.jpg
 
awww ... 50 mm lenses are so nice :)

1, 3 and 4 are my favourites and i really like that shallow depth of field

maybe 4 could need a different crop though
 
Very nice choice for the b&w!

I think the b&w effect gives more attention to details and textures of the picture.
 
I like 1 and 2 when people take pics of vehicles they are sometimes too focus'd on getting just the whole thing in and not taking pics of different features..
 
I'm a big fan of perspectives. I believe strongly that the way that we perceive something, the way we look at it, can change the way we think. This can be applied to life as well as art. I try to portray some of this in a lot of the photographs I create.

This...

PICT0007.jpg


...makes you think a lot differently than this...

Dodge2.jpg
 
Mad_Gnome said:
This...

...makes you think a lot differently than this...

:lol:

indeed.

#'s plz!

1. I kinda like this one.
2. Too commercial
3. I really don't understand why i like this eyehook so much...
4. Wait, what?
5. I don't really like the taillight in the composition so much.

Overall, i like how you mixed the b&w channels, and this comes across pretty clearly as a personal peice even without the blurb. (personal 'peice', wow, i crack myself up.)
 
Sir Peechizworth said:
5. I don't really like the taillight in the composition so much.

I thought the same thing...or well similar. I think if the tail light were included in the DoF it would have been spot on, but that is just me.
 
Sir Peechizworth said:
4. Wait, what?

This a hook on the end of a tie down strap that held the tailgate shut. It was hooked on the bumper here, while the other end was connected to the other eyehook.

Thank you for the comments! :mrgreen:
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom