Fall in the Blue Ridge Mountains

randrx2

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Any comments on the strengths and weaknesses of these photos? Thank you.

DSC_4768.jpg

DSC_4777.jpg

DSC_4786.jpg

DSC_4749.jpg

I love the apples and the winding road....beautiful....one thing about the apples, I would remove that sticker on the one apple.

3rd one is my fav.. the reflection in the 4th is awesome too. nicely done.

I like 1 and 3 very much. Good shadow detail in 3 requiring some overexposure of the sky, which you nicely kept to a smallish area. Excellent, classical composition suiting a scene like this. 1 is highly dramatic yet realistic, an image you might catch in the blink of an eye in passing. The soft, hazy background really works well. The other two are OK but don't do so much for me.

The classic S-Curve with the changing leaves is a real beauty to look at! Where were these taken at?

Thank you all for kindness.

#1 and #4 was at the entrance to the Blue Ridge Parkway in Virginia (where the BRP and Skyline Drive meet) in the morning.

#2 was at Chile's Orchard outside of Charlottesville, VA.

#3 was at Misty Mountain Campground outside of Charlottesville, VA.

Blue Ridge parkway is a great place to go :)

#1 is my favorite.

Although I was camping about 2000' below BRP two weeks ago, the day I decided to get on it, a complete white out...literally couldn't see 10 feet in front of the truck.

Most of the rest of the time was very overcast and I got a lot of sky blow out like in #3. Apart from that critique, nice composition.

I like apples a lot great photos.

I dont have any general critiques for the rest other than the colors seem a little dull. If you werent shooting with a polarizer outside on #3, thats a recommendation. Maybe time of day and a tripod could help with your color saturation. All things to keep in mind. The S curve is always appealing to the eye. Something all landscape architects should know.

oh yeah, I cant help but think the view in #4 would have been more spectacular than its reflection. I do get where you going with it though ;)

I think I would have crouched down a tiny bit for #3.

Most reactions

Back