Fall/winter Backyard Birds

baturn

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Got a bit of sunshine here on Saturday so I sat out in the yard for a while.

1. Steller's Jay
DSC_1602.jpg

2. Dark eyed Junko
DSC_1607.jpg

3. Chestnut Backed Chickadee
DSC_1611.jpg

4. Spotted Towhee
DSC_1616.jpg
sat out in the yard for a while.

Nice. I'm impressed you guys know the names of these. To me it's bird one, bird two....

Very nice, I like that you have a catch light in each of their eyes. What part of the Island are you shooting these? I am just curious as I visit the Island occasionally and it would be nice to know where I could find these guys for picture-taking purposes.

Do all these guys over winter on the Island, or are they just passing through?

WesternGuy

Very nice, I like that you have a catch light in each of their eyes. What part of the Island are you shooting these? I am just curious as I visit the Island occasionally and it would be nice to know where I could find these guys for picture-taking purposes.

Do all these guys over winter on the Island, or are they just passing through?

WesternGuy
I'm in Ladysmith, half way between Duncan and Nanaimo. but the birds in this thread can be found almost anywhere on the Island or the entire PNW for that matter. All of these birds winter here.

Ladysmith, yes I do know where it is as I have driven through it a few times on my way from Sydney (ferry docks) to Victoria. I do believe that there are a few folks from the Island on this forum. Maybe you need to organize an Island "meetup" :biggrin-93: sometime. With enough notice, I might probably be able come. :aiwebs_016:

WesternGuy

Most reactions

Back