Evertking

How do I turn this thing on?
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
2ewzcz9.jpg

Wow! Very nice.

Wonderful shot. Pondering the crop. The landscape is so interesting it's almost distracting from the subjects. The warmth is wonderful but it overpowered me just a tad. Here's an alternative take to a beautiful family shot (not proposing this an an improvement- just another take)-
2ewzcz9.jpg

Fantastic shot! Loved it.

EDIT- no, maybe I do like the extra warmth. Regardless- beautiful.

I like the shot, but I very much dislike the processing.

they look like plastic Barbie dolls from so much smoothing, the color is odd, and the light ray you added looks beyond fake -- it doesn't look like light, it looks like you painted in PS with a colored brush on TOP of the image.

the processing looks like you followed a YT tutorial for the first time to achieve this look -- a very popular processing right now.

I still like the image, because you're really growing in skill but something I didn't catch earlier on my phone, the light/shadows on the family are on the wrong side :ambivalence: Sun needs to be low and left to be correct.

I'm o.k. with the original wider crop. I think it adds to the ambiance, and there is good balance, top-to-bottom.

I still like the image, because you're really growing in skill but something I didn't catch earlier on my phone, the light/shadows on the family are on the wrong side :ambivalence: Sun needs to be low and left to be correct.
I don't know if I would call that the "wrong" side. It is on the short side, but I see nothing wrong about it.

If you wanted to get some variety, move yourself over there where they are now, and ask them to turn around and walk toward you again, only this time the sun would be more on their faces.

I don't know if I would call that the "wrong" side

On the OP it looks as if an "artificial sun" was added to the top right corner of the image during post processing.
123.JPG

However, all the people/trees/shadows look as if the sun was low in the sky coming from the left side, creating an incongruity.

12345.JPG

On the OP it looks as if an "artificial sun" was added to the top right corner of the image during post processing.
Mmmm... I don't know, it doesn't look much like a sun to me.

I took that yellowish area to be a cloud illuminated by the sun.

I took that yellowish area to be a cloud illuminated by the sun

Possibly, but that wouldn't explain what looks to be light radiating out on the foliage below and left??? Now that I've seen it I can't unsee it. LOL If it is a cloud, I'd either burn it down or crop it off at the top.

The hazy foliage makes the people look photoshopped into the picture to me. Because of that, the most interesting and realistic looking part of the photo is the sandy path in the foreground of the photo.

@Dean_Gretsch I suspect you're right. On closer inspection there are some tells on the woman's hair, the young man's right pant leg, and the fact that the people are not casting any shadows, among other things.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back