Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
D850
f/6.3
ISO 64
1/250 Sec.
50 mm - f/1.8G

(Processed In LR (Using Serge Ramelli Presets) & Color Efex Pro 4).

The Image received an HDR treatment, composed of two (2) images...

20181014-untitled-5-HDR-Edit.jpg

Thanks For Looking Any Comments/Criticism Will Be Appreciated.

Enezdez

Wow this tells a story. Do you think the tree was planted when the headstones were placed?

Wow this tells a story. Do you think the tree was planted when the headstones were placed?

@zulu42 Not sure, maybe when the 1st family member was lay to rest. It's a small cemetery with loads of character & it is literally around the block from my house...while I can walk there, I drive... I saw this for the first time the other day (I usually drive around this cemetery scoping new shots, I couldn't believe I did-not see this before).

Thank you very much!

Nice one! Those tombstones look awfully good for someone who died in the late 1800's. Most of them that old here have eroded so bad you can hardly read the names.

Nice one! Those tombstones look awfully good for someone who died in the late 1800's. Most of them that old here have eroded so bad you can hardly read the names.

I think this is an interesting photo. I like the big trees, and the way the root appears to be uprooting the soil and tilting the two headstones on the left quite a bit.

The degree of erosion depends a lot on the choice of the stone used to make the headstone, the depth of the original engraving, and environmental factors like acid rain or high pollution or smoke levels,etc, or in many cases, moss or lichen type material that attaches to the stone's engraved areas.. Many older stones were carved from fairly soft material, which does erode pretty badly.

I think this is an interesting photo. I like the big trees, and the way the root appears to be uprooting the soil and tilting the two headstones on the left quite a bit.

The degree of erosion depends a lot on the choice of the stone used to make the headstone, the depth of the original engraving, and environmental factors like acid rain or high pollution or smoke levels,etc, or in many cases, moss or lichen type material that attaches to the stone's engraved areas.. Many older stones were carved from fairly soft material, which does erode pretty badly.

I also think in some cases (not this one, I don't think) cemeteries replace old and broken headstones... There is a cemetery I go to which is huge and I have seen loads of blank tombstones, which I can assume are for replacing or else why would they have them. Also, they are not fancy but very generic like the old tombstones...

Most reactions

Back