Fast Flowing River Afan, South Wales

thereyougo!

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
A couple from today. I seem to have got my son into a routine of a walk every afternoon. It's a ride for him in his pushchair and if the weather is ok, a ride on a swing in a park. It usually involves 7 - 9 miles of walking, which is good for my health at least! Today it was damp, so he didn't get a swing ride, and I almost didn't grab my camera, but decided to put the camera with the GF32 - 64 attached with the 23 into a Peak Design Everyday 15 that I had bought for half price nd received yesterday. In the end, I'm glad I did. The local river Afan was in full spate, with the hills I was walking on yesterday were under a thick blanket of cloud. It was quite dark, which I was happy about to get the texture on the water that I wanted. I didn't have my tripod with me, but with the excellent IBIS on the Fuji, I wasn't expecting that to be an issue - and it wasn't. I got sharp results on 0.7s.

Fuji GFX100s GF 32 - 64 f/8 1/4 ISO 200 44mm

Afan Rapids 1 by singingsnapper, on Flickr

I leaned the camera on a wall for the below photo:

Same camera and lens f/13 ISO 100 53mm 1.6s

Afan Rapids by singingsnapper, on Flickr

Weirdly the above isn't showing for me on Safari but does show in Chrome...

Last edited:
Nice shots. I like how the water looks striated.

love the movement in the water, esp. in the first one. great tones.

You can see the power of the water there. Pretty decent for a slow shutter speed handheld.

I took another wander along the river today, but used the longer of my two Fuji zooms. Shooting longer handheld did result in more movement, but I still came away with shots, even at half a second handheld at over 100mm. I have steady hands, and I rested my elbow on my knee to support the camera and lens, but this is crazy good IBIS.

GFX100s GF100 - 200 at 124mm f/16 ISO 50 0.5s

River Afan Tele GFX by singingsnapper, on Flickr

114mm f/22 1/5 ISO 50

River Afan Tele GFX 1 by singingsnapper, on Flickr

Most reactions

Back