February '05 Photo Challenge - "Mysterious" - Sponsored by Lensbabies.com

Hello again,

Sorry for the delay in responding. We are at a software cinema show in LA right now, introducing Lensbabies to the Hollywood crowd;).

Artremis, you asked if the Lensbaby would work on your 300D and I'm happy to say the answer is yes, wonderfully. Lensbabies has mounts for virtually every SLR camera and Lensbabies work very well with either film or digital camera bodies. And we'll be happy to sponsor the March and April competitions as well, as long as the users of ThePhotoForum.com would like to have us!

Sincerely,

Sam

LensbabiesSam said:
Hello again,
And we'll be happy to sponsor the March and April competitions as well, as long as the users of ThePhotoForum.com would like to have us!

I don't think anyone would say no :)

LensbabiesSam said:
Hello again,

Sorry for the delay in responding. We are at a software cinema show in LA right now, introducing Lensbabies to the Hollywood crowd;).

Artremis, you asked if the Lensbaby would work on your 300D and I'm happy to say the answer is yes, wonderfully. Lensbabies has mounts for virtually every SLR camera and Lensbabies work very well with either film or digital camera bodies. And we'll be happy to sponsor the March and April competitions as well, as long as the users of ThePhotoForum.com would like to have us!

Sincerely,

Sam

I must say...im getting more and more excited about this product...My only concern is that Cannon cameras need a chip dont they (or is that me being silly) cause thats the prob with Tamron lenses, dont work with new cannon cameras.

Oh no.. Not another product I have to get!!!

I just got my Holga up and working.. and this is exactly WHY I wanted to shoot Holga, the effect is so neat.

My question, I have a Fuji Finepix S7000.. Do you have any adapters for that?

My film camera is a Canon AE-1, so if not, I'll still HAVE to get it for that one ;)

I don't think I have a photo to submit for "mysterious".. Maybe my Holga images I took today will work.. Hmmmmmmmm *off to scrounge up something for the competition*

Hey Silly - there's tons of lens adaptors for the S7000 - depending on what size lens you wanna fit. The only problem if you go smaller is that you need to watch that you don't accidently crop your pix to a lovely round shape. LOL. (just zoom in a bit and that solves the prob.) If you wanna email me, I can tell you what I use on exactly that camera.

Hiya again,

I have good news, Artremis & Sillyphaunt. Lensbabies will work very well with all Canon bodies. In fact, we have versions of Lensbabies with a mount for Canon EF (EOS series) and a Lensbaby FD mount which works great with the AE1 Canons and some other earlier Canon FD mount bodies. With both cameras, you can shoot in AV mode and your camera will automatically adjust exposure based on the light coming in through the Lensbaby.

Sorry though, we do not have a Lensbaby that works with fixed lens (point and shoot) cameras, so we do not have a solution for the Fuji Finepix S7000 or the Lumix DMC-FZ20.

Thank you so much for your questions!

LensbabiesSam said:
we do not have a Lensbaby that works with fixed lens (point and shoot) cameras, so we do not have a solution for the Fuji Finepix S7000 or the Lumix DMC-FZ20.
That's alright, I have a canon too :D

Wow, this is the first time I've ever even heard of the Lensbabies...=) Even if I don't do the challenge, I'm definitely going to look into purchasing one! =)

P.S. - How many photos can you submit again?

I thought about buying a lensbaby once but I don't have the money to spend. It would cost me loads more then it's original cost due to the fact that Norway adds tax, and thats not all. You also have to pay them for the trouble of taxing the product. :(

ahelg, what if you get an american friend to buy one and ship it to you? You may be able to avoid some tax that way, but the duties may get you.

Well the idea isnt new. On the larger/older camera's you use to have bellows you could adjust to get the perspective you want. Im not sure if it was just for large format, or for medium format as well. Its a good idea and can help you with some shots. like if you take a picture of a tall building from the base, and you want the dof to be parallel to the building, with this sort of thing you can. Im not sure if lensbaby can bend enough for something like that though.

At least I think thats what this lense does. :0)

I know this is going to sound daft to all you professionals out there but what is a jpeg and how do I know if the photo is over 70k - sorry to be so ignorant but give me a couple of months Iand I will stop asking stupid questions

If you have photoshop, you can go to save for web, and it will tell you the final file size, and lt you change some properties to meet the file size if your over.

If not, just save the image as a jpg, go to the file directory and find the file and check the file size. If its to large, resize and save again, or save at a lower jpg compression. Do this to the original, not the same jpg over and over again. If you do it to the same jpg, it will get a ton of compression artifacts.

And a jpg is a file format. It makes up info in the picture to save it as a smaller file. Its good for pictures on the internt. Instead of being a 4mb tiff file, it may be a 200kb jpeg file. It all depends whats in the picture.

And a jpg and jpeg are the same thing, both file extensions work.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back