Feeder Birds

PixelRabbit

A naughty little bunny...
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Yesterday was a pretty cool day :) The sun was shining bright, I saw one of our Chipmunks for the first time this year (he looked a little groggy lol) Shield bugs were out in the greenhouse as was a Jumping Spider! Last night we heard the owls calling too, gosh I love that sound :)

I took some time to shoot the birds around the feeders and these are the two best shots.

The Chickadee was just a curious little poser, he came right up between me and the other bird and started posing for the camera :)
The Female Cardinal was just too pretty and she actually stayed long enough for me to get a shot or two, usually they hear the first click and go. They are starting to get their brighter plumage already from the looks of her :) I'm a little iffy on the edit, the sky was very blue and cast blue in the background on the steel of the greenhouse... I don't think the cast of blue is on her but I'm a horrible judge when it comes to that ....

Would love to hear your thoughts, thanks for taking a look!

Beautiful. I love how the red stands out in the last shot. I honestly don't have anything negative to say, breathtaking photos!

That chickadee looks like such a cute little ham, but the guy behind him seems to be trying to steal back the show with that monster seed? What is that thing?
Ms. Cardinal is lovely.

I really like the first shot of the Chickadee. The bird in the background adds something too because he looks angry that the spotlight was stolen. :)

In the 2nd one, I wish the Cardinal was lit from the front or side instead of the back. It happens to me too though with the songbirds in our yard, so I certainly can't discount the photo because of that. It could have been a tiny bit sharper though, and the camera over-compensated for the bright white snow, causing the bird to come out a bit too dark.

Wish I could just find some song birds to take shots of, I just keep hiking and hinking but still no shots.
I like both of these thow.

With birds out in the wild the lighting you get is the lighting you got. Although the female cardinal is under-lit, the effect the light did have is very nice.

The horror! A Downy woodpecker being upstaged by a chickadee. Ha Ha, the Downy is lucky the Chickadee didn't kick his butt.

Attachments

• $common_redpoll_hikerboy45.jpg
    $common_redpoll_hikerboy45.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:
Thanks everyone! Yes that Redpol is lookin a little bitter about his spotlight being stolen lol. They are smaller than Chickadees but about the same temperament, they will come when you are close and they graze in the seeds, they will nip each other's butts to get each other to move out of the way lol.

Most reactions

Back