Feelin Blue

mishele

Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
8178915427_796556dee8.jpg

Neat. It looks like a reflection off of water, until you see the "pixelation". It could work as a commentary on artificiality. :thumbup:

Thanks, Gadfly. I like the way you think!!

Last edited by a moderator:
It is not a floor my friend. :greenpbl:

It's a large mural on the side of a building in Philly. :sexywink:

This is somehow not quite there for me. I get it, I feel what other feel, but there's something not quite happening in it. It's a little.. bland? Flat? Insufficiently bold?

For me there are really three things going on here: the large grid of lines, the tiles, and the reflections.

The pattern in the tiles is visually present, but I feel like it should have a little more kick. The reflections do a pretty good job of feeling like water -- which is vital to this picture, I think that feeling of a lake-surface is the engine that makes this one go -- but they feel a little blown out or.. something. The grid of lines feels ok. It's a good graphical element, anchoring the unreality of the waterness to the reality of the wall.

Maybe what I want is a sensation of ripples in the water, which maybe the patterning in the tiles could give me?

I feel like this could be strengthened a fair bit by doing a little work to get something back in the highlights, and then push the curves around to give a little more tonal separation in the tiles, to bring out the pattern a bit.

I dunno, though, it's all kind of murky and emotional, not detailed and technical.

Maybe what I want is a sensation of ripples in the water, which maybe the patterning in the tiles could give me?

I feel like this could be strengthened a fair bit by doing a little work to get something back in the highlights, and then push the curves around to give a little more tonal separation in the tiles, to bring out the pattern a bit.
Thanks soo much for the detailed C&C. I will go back to the RAW file and mess around w/ it a little more. I like your idea about bringing some detail out of the deep tiles and seperating the colors. There is a lot of color in this shot that isn't being seen. I'll post an edit, so we can compare the two. We'll see what we like better :thumbup:

I feel like it would improve if you re shot the photo with different light on the wall. The top of the photo is hard on my eyes and keeps forcing me to look back to the bottom 1/4 of the shot. Maybe if you went back when the sun was in a different position the photo would balance out more?

Going back isn't in the plans....=( Thanks for the comment, Ryan!!

Ah, now I see it, my vertigo is now acting up and I feel like falling back.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back