Feeling a bit lost .. .

A good book is "Understanding Exposure" its a pretty short read but very informative and easy to understand. Its about $16 bucks on amazon, and probably similarly priced at boarders or Barns and noble. There are also many online tutorials about Depth of field, shutter speed, and Aperture, just look around using google, and search this forum as well.

I agree. I'm reading it now and it is easy to follow for a beginner like myself. The author is Bryan Peterson. He also has another book, Understanding Shutter Speed that I intend to read as well

Joe

You guys are the best . . . . was nice to wake up this morning to such great posts and responses.

See - I had no clue that you used flash outside - on a sunny day??

I have highschool sports (football and lacrosse) . . . definitely only taken from the bleachers . .. and a tripod for sports seems unlikely (since I have two littles running around that I'm also trying to keep track of . .. they're 2 and 5 years old).

I'll play around with the 55-200 and see if it's not functional enough for this season . . . especially after hearing about the stability issues of anything "longer" (is that how you term it?) than 200mm.

Thank you all for the advice, suggestions, help and encouragement!!

Keep it coming! I'll try to get some photos posted in the next day or so of my futile beginning attempts.

Naomi

on a good day 200mm is hand holdable without too many worries - the trial comes an hour to two later as you start to get tired. If you can't get a tripod into position look to getting a good monopod (and head - the good kit does not come with a head as there are many for different uses - for sports a good ballhead would work well) they are quick to use and don't get in the way as much as a tripod can - good for out and about work when you want to travel light

Most reactions

Back