Ferns

Jaemie

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.jaemierobinson.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My first post on this forum.. Does anyone have ideas for how I could have better/differently photographed this? Thanks.

Ferns in a big oak tree, Auburn WA, April 2012

$Ferns Geneva 1.jpg

Welcome to the forum :D

I like the blue and green which complements well
I think the the dark wooden branch is a heavy distraction
For a comparison, i am posting a trim here

Regards :D

Thank you for the feedback, Frequency. I see what you mean. Your crop is a good improvement! :)

Here is another photo from the same day in which I avoided the branch (and used a slightly longer exposure, 1/800s vs 1/320s):

$Ferns Geneva 2.jpg

First welcome to the forum. CC is comments and critiques.

I think you have a fine image here. I like the contrast of the brightly lit green with the sky above. You captured the scene with enough detail in the shadows that I think opening them up a little in your editing will add to the image. I like the branch on the left side though as a frame or base for the ferns. I also like it as more of a pano style shot, almost like it's own mini-forest.

402316050.jpg

You're welcome....... but I forgot that an oak tree in Auburn can't have blue sky above it, perhaps it's a blue tarp. lol

hehe! That was in Lake Geneva Park. It's actually been fairly sunny around here, in recent weeks. Oh, you're in the Tacoma area, too, I see. I'm in Puyallup. ;)

I'm south of you out in Eatonville, the fire station I work at covers the area with Lake Geneva park.

My neighbors are always mad at me because I hang around outside flashing the kids.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back