Few more noob shots to CnC

sovietdoc

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here they are, sorry about the high ISO. Comments? Suggestions?

space%20needle.jpg

seattle09_01.jpg

seattle10_01.jpg

IMG_1191_p.jpg
IMG_1191_p.jpg

my fav is #1 : Tulips (hope I am correct) goes really well with the tower.

#3: There's the pillar (or something) at the right upper corner that took away the balance.

Here are my 4 cents:

Take some time and clone out that tree on the left

I like it, perhaps you might try a different angle for us if you can get to this location again.

Love it...nothing to change in my humble opinion

My favorite! I really like that sun, the boats, and the interplay between the land on this side of the water, the water, the land on the other side of the water and the mountains in the distance. Would you tell me where this was taken? It is so beautiful...you're certainly graced with being able to visit such a remarkable landscape.

Keep up the great work, much better than I am doing I would say, of course you have a 500D and I've got a...well lesser camera...

Would you tell me where this was taken? It is so beautiful...you're certainly graced with being able to visit such a remarkable landscape.

Well the location is actually nothing special, I was shooting that sunset from Space Needle in Seattle. The original photo was not as red as PP'ed version I posed here, but I didn't process it that much. At the time when I shot it, the sky was really dark and red, and I've never seen it like that again up to this date.

To those who'd clone out that tree: why would you? If you mean this photo needs some tidying up, then the tarpaulin on the other side, within the tulips, would need to "go" as well. And if you start doing that just to get THE PERFECT image, then... well. OK. For some this might be the thing they want... Not for me.

Cloning the tree from #1 looks like a huge endeavor. Is it really worth it if you can go back and just reshoot? Some fill-flash for the tulips (?) would be good. The foreground is really neat.

#3 is quite good.

My edit:

seattleedit1.jpg

Last edited:
I just thought that the shot would look better without the tree.. I hadn't said that it ruined the shot or anything close to that.. just an opinion I shared with somebody who said the same thing.

I like that black frame white made, it adds to the pic.

Hmm, heh funny thing is, your edit, rider, looks close to the original pic without PP. I thought I'd add more red, but your edit is almost what the original looked like colors wise.

Hmm, heh funny thing is, your edit, rider, looks close to the original pic without PP. I thought I'd add more red, but your edit is almost what the original looked like colors wise.

Hehe... Cool.

Thanks for letting me express my opinion. :)

Thanks for letting me express my opinion.

I thought this is what C&C is all about? Too bad if other people miss that point.

Most reactions

Back